- 2–15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 medium onion, grated
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup Colby jack cheese, shredded *optional
- 1 whole avocado, mashed
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves, rough chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (cooked in vegetable stock)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1–2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce – depends on your spice tolerance
- 1 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
Spicy Avocado Creme Sauce
- 2 whole avocados, pitted and smashed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce – depends on your spice tolerance
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Take 1 ½ cups of black beans, onion, garlic and 1 whole avocado and pulse in a food processor a few times. This will be slightly on the thin side. It’s OK!
- In another bowl, add the remaining whole beans, the cheese, spinach, quinoa, bread crumbs, egg, steak seasoning, Sriracha sauce and mix.
- Add in the mixture from the food processor and mix. If the mixture is too wet (meaning you can form a patty) add 1/4 cup more bread crumbs. You want the mixture to be moist and tacky but be able to keep a shape.
- Grab about a 2” round ball and form into sliders shaping them about 2” round by 3/4” thick.
- Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Lightly spray the tops with olive oil.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and carefully flip
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes until the sliders turn golden brown and form a slight crust.
- While the sliders are baking make the Avocado Crème Sauce by mixing together all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside. Adjust seasoning for taste.
- When the sliders are done, place on top of some spinach, red onion (Optional) and then slather on a dollop of the Avocado Creme Sauce