- 2 Avocados, halved and pit removed *See notes
- 3 tablespoon egg whites
- 1 cup Syntrax Nectars Sweets Chocolate Truffle Protein Powder
- 3 tablespoon dark cocoa
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon chocolate extract
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar (for sugar free use 3/4 cup Splenda and 2 tablespoon cornstarch – put in a food processor until a find powder
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place the avocado flesh in a food processor and process until creamy and smooth.
- Transfer the avocado puree to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Add in the egg whites and beat for 2 minutes.
- Add in the chocolate extract and beat to combine.
- In a separate bowl add the Protein Powder, cocoa, corn starch, baking powder, baking powder and confectioners’ sugar and whisk to combine.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add in the dry mix a little at a time.
- Scrape down the bowl as needed.
- When all the dry mix has been added, add in the chips (and almonds) and mix just until combined (maybe 10 seconds on low).
- You can either line the mini muffin pans with paper liners or if it’s a non-stick pan, use as-is.
- Fill each muffin tin 3/4 of the way up.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out barely clean. You want them moist so some wet crumbs are OK.
- Place the pans on a cooling rack and cool for no more than 1 minute (more like 30 seconds).
- Immediately use a thin blade to gently go around muffins and gently lift out.
- Cool completely prior to storage.
If you do not have avocados, you can use 1 cup softened unsalted butter OR 1 1/4 cups vanilla yogurt.
You could easily add 1/2 cup toasted almonds, chopped if wanted.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 53
- Sugar: 3.8
- Fat: 2.4
- Saturated Fat: .7
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Protein: 4.5
- Cholesterol: 0