- 3 cups cabbage, cut into thin strips
- 1 large (or 2 medium) carrot(s), shredded
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed, crushed (can use celery salt in place but reduce the kosher salt by at least a 1/4 teaspoon)
- In a bowl add the cabbage, carrots and onion.
- Stir with a fork just to mix up.
- In a smaller bowl add the vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, sugar and crushed celery seed.
- Whisk to combine.
- Pour over the cabbage mixture and mix to incorporate.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
This is a tangy vinegary slaw. You can reduce the vinegar to 1 tablespoon and increase the sugar slightly.