- 4–5 large roma tomatoes, sliced into 1/4” slices
- 10 slices of Prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1/2 of a medium-sized red onion, sliced thin
- 2 cups freshly shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup freshly shredded parmesan
- 1 cup freshly shredded Gruyere or Jarlsberg
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Follow the instructions on making the pizza dough.
- Thirty minutes before baking (and the dough is ready), place a pizza stone on the lower third rack or invert a metal pan and place on the rack.
- Preheat oven to 500F for 30 minutes. *if using a pizza screen, do not preheat the screen but place the oven rack on the lower third rung.
- If using the pizza stone or inverted pan, stretch out the dough and place on a flour dusted paddle. If you don’t have a paddle stretch out on a flour/corn meal dusted parchment paper.
- Stretch the dough into a round, thin crust, leaving the outer edge slightly thicker.
- Spread the herbed oil all over the dough leaving a 1/2” rim. *Note: reserve ~2 tablespoon of the herbed oil to drizzle over top.
- Evenly distribute the prosciutto.
- Add the cheeses, onions and then tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon oregano, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the reserved 2 tablespoon herbed oil over top.
- Bake on the lower rack for 8 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
To even Fancy Schmancy this even more, when the pizza is done add some arugula on top!