- 1 Pizza dough (makes 2 12” pizzas)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups pizza sauce (can use more or less per liking)
- 3 cups part skim mozzarella, shredded
- 3 cups part skim provolone, shredded
- 10–20 fresh basil leaves
- *See Note
- Place the grill pan on the burner, brush the bottom and the sides of the pan with a thin coating of oil and heat over medium high heat.
- While the pan is heating up, stretch out your dough to the circumference of your pan.
- When the pan is hot enough (it’ll start to slightly smoke) place the dough on the bottom of the pan. I just place it in fast (but safely) and straighten out the dough. If you don’t feel comfortable with that, drape your dough over a rolling a pin (oil side out) and transfer it to your pan.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the bottom starts to produce grill marks.
- Remove the lid and using a heat-safe spatula, flip the dough, cover and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the lid, flip and working fast top with your sauce and cheeses.
- Replace the lid and cook for 1 minute.
- Uncover and cook for 1 minute or until the cheese is melted and the crust is crispy.
- Remove from the pan with large spatula and top with fresh basil leaves.
- Repeat steps to make the second pizza.
This recipe will make 2 pizzas.
Special equipment needed
12-14” Stove top grill pan with lid or Cast Iron grill pan with lid