- (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon butter *optional
- Strain the juice from the pineapple, and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over high heat add in the sugar, corn syrup and reserved pineapple juice
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens slightly to a loose mixture; 10-15 minutes. The mixture will thicken slightly more upon cooling.
- Add in the pineapple pieces and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the butter if it starts to foam.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Pour into a glass jar and cover.
- Store in the refrigerator.
This will not be thick like say hot fudge but rather a syrupy sauce with lots of pineapple in it. The sauce will just coat the back of a spoon.