- 1 lb Best Pizza Dough, cut into 4–4 ounce balls
- 8 Tbl ketchup, yes ketchup
- 4 Xl eggs
- 16 slices cooked, crispy bacon, cut into 1” pieces
- 3 cups hash browns (I like the fresh ones though you can use frozen)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 Tbl canola oil
- 1/2 cup minced onions
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh spinach
- 2 cups shredded cheese mixture (part cheddar and part mozzarella)
- Preheat the oven to 500F with a pizza stone place in on lowest rack for 30 minutes. If you do not have a pizza stone, you can use an inverted metal pan or a pizza screen.
- While the oven is heating up, place the canola oil in a large skillet on the stove over medium high heat.
- In a bowl gently mix together the minced onion, hash browns and cayenne pepper.
- Add mixture to the pan and cook, gently tossing until golden brown.
- When golden brown, remove from the pan and place on a paper towel to soak up any excess grease.
- On a lightly floured surface stretch out each dough ball into a 6” round circle.
- Place the dough circles on to the pizza screen or onto a pizza peel covered in corn meal.
- Repeat for all four 4-ounces balls.
- Gently spread out 2 Tbl of ketchup over top leaving a 1/2” edge of crust. You do NOT want a lot of sauce on this.
- Evenly divide the hash brown onion mixture up and place over top the sauce.
- Place ½ cup of the cheese mixture over top of the hash browns.
- Place 1/2 cup spinach leaves over top of the sauce again leaving that 1/2” of crust on each pizza.
- Next, evenly divide the bacon up and place over top of the spinach leaves.
- Taking 1 egg, crack it into a separate bowl.
- Using a slotted spoon, carefully pick up the yolk and place that in the middle of pizza.
- Taking a spoon, gently spoon the egg white around the yolk but remaining inside of the well. You may or may not use all of the egg white.
- Repeat these steps with the remaining 3 eggs for each pizza.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Slide the pizzas onto the baking stone and bake for 9-14 minutes carefully rotating the pizzas on the pizza stone or pizza screen after 5 minutes. The pizzas will be done when the crust is golden brown, the egg yolk is set and the cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 2 minutes.
If you want, you can make this as one large sized pizza. Just add all of the ingredients and increase the eggs to 6-8.