- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice *optional (this helps break up the sweetness)
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- In a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat add in blueberries, sugar and lemon juice.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or until the sauce thickens; stirring occasionally.
- If the mixture starts to foam, add in the butter and stir.
- Pour all but 1/3 cup into a bowl.
- Using an immersion blender, puree.
- Pour this back with the remaining 1/3 cup.
- Allow to slightly cool.
- Pour into a glass jar and cover.
- Store in the refrigerator.