- 3 thick slices of White or Brioche Bread
- 3 1/2 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 3 heaping tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 2–3 slices oven roasted turkey
- 2–3 slices Virginia baked ham
- 3 slices provolone
- 4 ounces sliced fontina
- 12–16 large spinach leaves (about a good handful size)
- Place a griddle pan over medium-low heat. You want to grill this low and slow
- Using a pastry brush, brush 1 side of each slice of bread with about 2 -2 1/2 tablespoon butter.
- Place buttered side down on the pan.
- While the bread is browning, mix the mustard with the remaining melted butter.
- Lightly brush the tops of the bread with the mustard mixture and evenly divide the parmesan on top.
- Using your fingers lightly spread out the parmesan and press down into the mustard butter mixture.
- After 3-5 minutes check the bottom of the bread. You want a golden brown sear on it.
- Once browned, flip the bread over.
- On one piece of bread add 1 slice of provolone, the turkey, half of the spinach and top with half of the fontina.
- On a second piece of bread add 1 slice of provolone, the ham, rest of the spinach, remaining fontina and last piece of provolone.
- Take the remaining piece of bread and place it on top of the ham/cheese/spinach/fontina bread slice – browned side down on the provolone (the side without the mustard mixture).
- Cook for 3-5 minutes or until the bottom s of the 2 breads are golden brown.
- Place the piece that has the ham (with 2 slices of bread – top piece having the uncooked mustard mixture) on top of the other bread (turkey).
- Gently holding with your hand on top, flip the sandwich over with a spatula placing the mustard side down.
- Take your spatula and gently press down.
- To help melt the cheese, take a large metal bowl and place over the sandwich. This will cause steam and melt the cheese super-fast. Keep this on for only 20-30 seconds.
- Remove the bowl (watch as it will be HOT!) and press down slightly.
- Check your bread and if it’s golden brown, remove from the pan and dig in!
Parmesan Crusted Turkey, Spinach, Avodaco, Gouda Panini
– Instead of using turkey, ham, fontina and provolone in the original recipe use all oven roasted turkey, baby spinach, sliced avocado and smoked gouda.