- 4 cups Corn, Vanilla or Rice Chex Cereal
- 3/4 cup white chocolate, chopped (NOT chocolate chips)
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest (about 1 large orange)
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Measure the cereal in a VERY large bowl; set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl add in the chocolate, butter, cream and orange zest and microwave in 30 second intervals (50% power) until the mixture is smooth, stirring after every 30 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and stir in orange extract.
- Pour the mixture over the cereal and gently toss mixture with a rubber spatula until evenly coated.
- Pour coated cereal into a 1 gallon plastic sealable baggie.
- Add in the confectioners’ sugar and seal bag.
- Shake mixture until it’s evenly coated.
- At this point spread the mixture out on to a parchment lined baking sheet (may have to split into 2 sheets).
- Allow to cool completely before storing in an air tight container.