- 4 lbs chicken wings, halved at joints, wingtips set aside (save for stock)
- 1 Tbl baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Line rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, and set rack inside.
- Carefully dry chicken wings with paper towels.
- Place wings in a bag, add the baking powder and salt.
- Shake evenly.
- Place on rack, leaving slight space between each wing.
- Place baking sheet with wings in refrigerator and allow to rest, uncovered, at least 8 hours. This draws out the moisture.
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and preheat oven to 450°F.
- Add chicken wings and cook for 20 minutes.
- Flip wings and continue to cook until crisp and golden brown, 15 to 25 minutes longer or until internal temperature is 165F.
Once the wings are done, garnish with your favorite wing sauce