- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup molasses (not blackstrap)
- 3/4 cup honey
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (or Tabasco sauce)
- Add all the ingredients to a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Whisk to combine.
- Bring to a low boil and reduce to a simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes for a thin sauce, 1 hour for a thicker sauce.
- Store in the fridge.
To can this you need the following:
Water Bath Canner
Pint Jars with lids and rings
1. PREPARE boiling water canner. Heat jars and lids in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Set bands aside.
2. LADLE hot sauce into hot jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band until fit is fingertip tight.
3. PROCESS jars in a boiling water canner for 20 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.