- 1 16 ounce Best Pizza Dough
- 10 strips thick cut bacon
- 2–3 cups 1/4” sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon honey
- Follow the instructions on making the pizza dough.
- Thirty minutes before baking (and the dough is ready), place a Pizza Screen
- on the lower third rack or invert a metal pan and place on the rack.
- Preheat oven to 500F for 30 minutes. *if using a Pizza Screen , do not preheat the screen but place the oven rack on the lower third rung.
- If using the pizza stone or inverted pan, stretch out the dough and place on a flour dusted paddle. If you don’t have a paddle stretch out on a flour/corn meal dusted parchment paper.
- In a small sauce pan over medium high heat add the balsamic vinegar and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to allow and allow to reduce by half ~10-12 minutes.
- While the vinegar is reducing, fry the bacon for 5-8 minutes per side and set aside to drain. When the bacon is cool enough, crumble.
- Once the sauce has reduce by half, remove from heat and whisk in the honey.
- Place the vinegar mixture back on the heat and simmer.
- Stretch the dough into a round, thin crust, leaving the outer edge slightly thicker.
- Place the bacon crumbles on top of the pizza dough leaving a 1/2” rim for the crust.
- Top with strawberry slices, crumbled feta, black pepper and poppy seeds.
- Bake on the lower rack for 8 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with the balsamic honey glaze.
If you didn’t want to use bacon, I would add prosciutto and arugula after the pizza is done then drizzle the balsamic glaze over top! YUM!