For the dressing
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cracked black pepper
- 2 Tbl cider vinegar
- 3 Tbl honey
For the salad
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and sliced thin
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts, ends trimmed
- 1 cup toasted pecan pieces
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan *optional*
- To prepare dressing, whisk together cider vinegar, Dijon and honey.
- Drizzle in olive oil and whisk until combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Using a mandolin slicer or a very sharp knife, slice sprouts as thinly as possible
- Discard ends and any large core pieces or chunks.
- Place shaved sprouts in a large bowl.
- Toss with apples and dried cranberries.
- Re-whisk the dressing and drizzle on.
- Gently toss to coat.
- Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Before serving add in the toasted pecans and optional shaved Parmesan
If you want, add in some cooked chicken and crispy pancetta or top with some seared shrimp!