- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add the heavy cream to a small saucepan and set over medium-low heat. You just want the cream to be lukewarm – don’t boil it.
- Add the sugar and water to a second small saucepan and swirl the pan to combine.
- Set over medium to medium-high heat and bring the mixture to a boil without stirring.
- Cover the pan and continue cooking for two minutes.
- Remove the cover and continue cooking (without stirring) until the caramel becomes amber in color. ~about 5-10 minutes.
- While it’s cooking use a pastry brush dipped in water, gently wipe down the sides to remove any sugar crystals.
- Remove from the heat and gradually whisk in the warm cream, mixing until the mixture is smooth.
- Once smooth whisk in the peanut butter, corn syrup, salt, and vanilla until well combined and smooth.
- Transfer to a heatproof jar.
- Once cooled, store the sauce in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- The sauce will thicken upon cooling. To reheat, just microwave for 30 seconds or so.