- 3 cuts rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 cup oat flour *See note
- 1/3 cup Syntrax Nectars Sweets Apple Ecstasy
- 1 gala apple, peeled, cored and cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg, freshly grated is best
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
- 1/2 cup Apple Butter
- 1/3 cup flaxseed
- 1/4 cup honey or 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Place all ingredients in a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle blade and blend until incorporated.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Line a 9×13” pan with parchment paper.
- Empty the apple mixture into the pan and using a spatula spread it out and press down firm. I actually took a 2nd piece of parchment paper and laid that on top then used the bottom of a measuring cup to compact it.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least one hour.
- Remove from the fridge, cut into bars and store in an air tight container in the fridge (or freezer)
To make 1 cup of oat flour:
Place1 1/2 cup old fashioned oats in the food processor and pulse/pulverize until you have a powder.