- 3 lbs ground beef (85/15 or 80/20)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup minced onion
- 2 cups old fashioned oatmeal, not instant or quick cooking
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
Cowboy BBQ Sauce:
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, add all of the ingredients for the sauce.
- Cook until thick and bubbly; stirring occasionally. ~10 minutes.
- To make the meatballs, mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Then when it is all uniformly mixed, form into meatballs about the size of large golf balls or a bit larger.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. You can add a tablespoon of olive oil if you want.
- Put the meatballs in the pan (don’t overcrowd).
- Brown on all sides (about 2-3 minutes per side).
- Remove from the pan and place in a casserole pan. The meatballs may touch, but don’t crowd them together.
- Pour the sauce over the pan seared meatballs.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes hour (depending on the size of the meatballs). You can cover for the first 20 minutes but then uncover the last 20-25 minutes to allow the sauce to get dark and super thick. The meatballs should be 165F with a meat thermometer.