- 1 pound of fresh strawberries with stems, washed and completely dry. *See note!
- 10 ounces good quality semi sweet chocolate, chopped
- 5 ounces good quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 ounces good quality white chocolate, chopped *plus 1 tsp vegetable oil (optional) – see note
- Place the semi sweet chocolate and the dark chocolate in a heat proof bowl.
- Place the white chocolate in a separate heat proof bowl.
- Fill 2 medium saucepans with about an inch of water and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Place the bowls over top of the simmering water making sure the bottom of the bowl that has the chocolate in it does NOT touch the water.
- Gently stir each bowl until the chocolate melts. *See note to melt the chocolate in the microwave.
- Place a piece of wax or parchment paper down (this is where you will set your dipped berries to dry).
- Once the chocolate has melted and is smooth, remove from the pans start dipping!
- Grabbing the strawberry by the stem (or you could insert a lollipop stick in the top to help hold it, dip the strawberry in almost to the top (try not to get it on the stem/leaves) in the semi sweet/dark chocolate mixture.
- Pick the strawberry up and gently swirl it around (over top the melted chocolate) to allow the excess drip off.
- Hold it up for about 15-20 seconds so all of the excess drips off and then lay it down on the parchment paper.
- Repeat until all of the strawberries have been single dipped.
- Starting from the first strawberry dipped, dip again into the semi sweet/dark chocolate mixture allowing the excess to drip off.
- Allow to dry and the chocolate to firm up.
- If the white chocolate is no longer smooth, place over top of the simmering water and allow to re-melt.
- Once all smooth again, place the white chocolate in squeeze bottle to help make the drizzles. I find you have most control using a squeeze bottle. Or if you wanted you could use a plastic baggie. Simply fill it with the white chocolate, twist the bag at the top and push the chocolate toward one lower corner of the bag. Snip the corner with scissors, and apply melted chocolate by squeezing it through the hole.
- Drizzle the double dipped strawberries with white chocolate.
- If you wanted (and had extra semi sweet/dark chocolate) left over you could drizzle with that as well.
Types of strawberries:
You want firm and sweet strawberries. Don’t use soft/mushy ones.
If you find that your white chocolate doesn’t get as smooth as the other chocolate, add a tsp of vegetable oil to it while it’s melting. This will help keep it smooth.
Microwave chocolate method:
Place the chocolate in a glass bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted and smooth. Watch the white chocolate as that can burn and seize quickly!