- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups butter, melted then slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Strawberry Cheesecake Swirls
- 8 ounces low fat or fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoon flour
- 8 ounces strawberry Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoon strawberry preserves
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2–3 tablespoon half and half
- Preheat oven to 350 rack in the middle.
- Line 2 9×5” loaf pans with parchment paper leaving a 1” overhang.
- In a bowl beat together using a hand mixer the cream cheese and sugar until well blended.
- Add in the egg, strawberry preserves and greek yogurt, mix to combine.
- Add in the flour and mix until blended.
- Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the bananas and sugar.
- Cream to combine (some banana chunks are okay).
- Add in the eggs, butter and vanilla extract.
- Mix to blend.
- Turn off the mixer and add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Mix on low just until combined, don’t over mix this.
- Divide half of the bread batter between the 2 loaf pans (it should be about 1-1 ½” high in the loaf pan). You should still have ½ of the bread batter in the bowl (that will go on top)
- Evenly divide the cheesecake batter the 2 loaf pans.
- Take the remaining bread batter and spoon on top of the cheesecake mixture. It may not cover it completely.
- Taking a thin blade knife, stick it into the loaf pan going about half-way down and gently draw swirls in the pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the pans from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
- Wait 1 minute then gently grabbing the parchment overhang, lift the bread up and out of the pans and place on the cooling rack.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting.
- To glaze, mix together the confectioners’ sugar and half and half. You want the glaze thick.
- Pour over the cooled cake.
- Allow the glaze to harden completely before cutting and covering.
- Store in the fridge.