- 4 lbs chicken wings, halved at joints, wingtips discarded (save for stock)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
Sriracha Honey Butter Sauce
- 8 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/3–1/2 cup Sriracha (go with more if you want more heat)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Line rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, and set rack inside.
- Carefully dry chicken wings with paper towels.
- Place wings in a bag, add the baking powder and smoked paprika.
- Shake evenly.
- Place on rack, leaving slight space between each wing.
- Place baking sheet with wings in refrigerator and allow to rest, uncovered, at least 8 hours. This draws out the moisture.
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and preheat oven to 450°F.
- Add chicken wings and cook for 20 minutes.
- Flip wings and continue to cook until crisp and golden brown, 15 minutes. The wings will not be done yet.
- While the wings are cooking, make your Sriracha honey butter sauce.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the butter gently stirring until melted.
- Once the butter melts, add in the Sriracha, honey, salt and lime juice whisking to incorporate.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes until heated through.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- When the wings are done, place them in a large bowl (can do in batches) and pour half of the sauce over top.
- Gently toss and place the wings back on the rack/pan and place back in the oven for 10-15 minutes, flipping them over halfway through the cooking time.
- Cook until the internal temp is 165F.
- Remove from the oven and dip each one in the rest of the sauce letting it drip off.
- Top with chopped cilantro and sesame seeds.
If you want to pressure cook these, omit the baking soda.
- In an 8 quart pressure cooker, add the wings, smoked paprika and 1 1/2 cups chicken stock. Pressure cook on high for 10 minutes and then perform a quick release.
- While the wings are cooking make the sauce per the directions above.
- Line a rimmed pan with foil and place a cooling rack on top. Lightly spray the rack.
- Set the oven to broil with the oven rack in the upper third of the oven.
- Gently remove the wings from the pressure cooker with tongs and place on the rack; discard the cooking liquid.
- Place the wings in the oven and broil for 5 minutes each side.
- Remove the pan from the oven and slather on some sauce.
- Return to the broiler for 5 minutes.
- Flip the wings over, cover with more sauce and broil for 5 more minutes or until they are nicely charred.
- Place the sauce in a container for serving.