- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour – sifted
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream (full or low-fat, not fat-free) – can use plain greek yogurt as well
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 small package instant chocolate pudding (4 ounces)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 2 2/3 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 1/4–1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon chocolate extract
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup (optional)
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F, middle rack. Beat the eggs and sour cream together until well combined.
- Grease a bundt pan.
- Beat the eggs and sour cream together until well combined.
- Add all the other ingredients in the cake and mix well. The batter will be thick.
- Bake at 38-45 minutes or until a wooden skewer comes out almost clean.
- While the cake is baking, make the frosting by placing the butter and cocoa in a pan and bring to a boil; whisking.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- Place the cooled chocolate in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Beat for 2-3 minutes or until it turns light in color.
- Slowly add in the sugar and mix to combine.
- Add in the cream slowly until it becomes thick and frosting consistency.
- Add in the extract and mix just to combine.
- If you want, add in the corn syrup and mix in. This doesn’t alter the flavor but will allow the frosting to become more stiff.
- Place in the fridge to cool.
- When the cake is done, remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack for 30 minutes in the pan to cool.
- When the pan is cool enough to touch, place a cooling rack on top and carefully flip the cake out of the pan onto the cooling rack.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Garnish with mini chocolate chips.