- 6 – 8” flour tortillas for burritos, warmed
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup water
- Taco Seasoning – see below how to make
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Shredded lettuce, if desired
- Sour cream
- Cilantro, chopped
- Diced tomatoes
- Diced onions
- Chunks of Avocados
- Corn Chips
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375F degrees.
- Spray 6 large muffin tins or 12 standard size muffin cups with cooking spray. *note if using the standard muffin pan use a 4-inch round cookie cutter, cut 2 rounds from each tortilla.
- Place the tortilla in the muffin tin and using the bottom of a glass jar gently push the tortilla in.
- Mist the tortilla with olive oil.
- Place in the oven and bake for 6 minutes to slightly crisp up (just barely golden brown).
- Brown beef in a skillet and drain the fat.
- Add the taco seasoning mix and water and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Remove the slightly cooked tortillas from the oven and spoon about 1-2 tablespoon of refried beans down.
- Next add 1-2 tablespoon of taco meat over the top.
- Next spoon about 2 teaspoon of black beans.
- If adding salsa, add 1-2 teaspoon over top.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes and remove from the oven.
- Evenly divide the cheese over top of the taco muffins and put back in the oven to bake for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove muffins from tin and top 1 teaspoon of tomatoes, onions and avocados.
- Place a heaping dollop of sour cream on top and garnish with cilantro and a corn chip.