- 24 3-4” spears of fresh pineapple (about 1/2” thick)
- 12 strips of bacon (regular or thick cut), cut in half
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 Tbl Sriracha sauce
- metal or wooden skewers (soaked for 30 minutes in water) – optional
- Build a medium-low fire in a charcoal grill, or heat a gas grill to medium.
- Brush grate with oil.
- In a bowl mix together your brown sugar and Sriracha. It should be slightly damp but not wet.
- Place in a pie dish.
- Dredge your bacon in brown sugar coating both sides.
- Starting at the bottom of the pineapple spear, twist the bacon up spear to the end of the pineapple. You want to wrap it up the pineapple so it’s slightly overlapping. *IMPORTANT: be sure to get the ends of the bacon on the same sides. If you can’t the skewer each end of the bacon down.
- Place the bacon, end side facing down on the grate.
- Grill turning often so each side is slightly rendered, crispy and charred in spots, about 6-8 minutes (longer if using thick cut bacon).
- Plate, remove skewers and enjoy!