- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 slices of thick cut bread (1 1/2” thick) – I opted for brioche
Whipped Lemon Ricotta
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- Zest of a whole lemon
- Juice of a whole lemon (about 2-3 tablespoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon oil
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- Make the Whipped Lemon Ricotta by putting in a food processor the sugar, ricotta, lemon zest, lemon juice and lemon oil.
- Processor for 15-20 seconds or until thick and smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- In a separate cold bowl (with cold beaters) whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in the cream until combined.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Make the French Toast by placing the eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla in a pie pan and whisking.
- Heat a griddle pan over medium heat.
- Melt the butter.
- Place each piece of bread in the egg mixture for 15 seconds per side. *Note: only coat the ones you can fit on the griddle pan. If you need to work in batches, then wait to coat the next one when you have room on the griddle to place it.
- Place on the griddle and cook until golden brown on each side ~4-5 minutes.
- Top with several dollops of the whipped lemon ricotta and sliced berries.