- 1 lb ground beef (80/20)
- 1/2 lb pork chorizo, loose
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon Buttermilk Ranch Seasoning
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 whole roasted red pepper, seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Chihuahua cheese
- 1 avocado, pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Sourdough Pretzel Buns
- Place the butter and oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté the onions until translucent and caramelized. ~10 minutes.
- While the onions are cooking mix together the ground beef and chorizo just until combined; don’t over mix as it’ll become tough.
- Form into 6 patties leaving an indent in the middle of each one; set aside.
- When the onions are done, place the onions (leaving behind the juices), roasted pepper, buttermilk, ranch, mayo, paprika, cayenne and cumin in a food processor pulsing until well combined.
- Transfer to a lidded container and place in the fridge while the burgers cook.
- Place the burgers in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes per side or until temperature reads 165F.
- Evenly divide the cheese on top, cover and shut off the heat.
- While the cheese is melting, mash up the avocado with the salt leaving in a few small chunks.
- Remove the lid and assemble the burger.
- Place 1 heaping tablespoon of sauce on the bottom of the bun.
- Place the burger on top followed by a heaping tablespoon of smashed avocado and another tablespoon or 2 of sauce.
- Place the burger bun on top and place a skewer in the center for presentation.
To freeze simply shape the patties and place each patty between pieces of wax paper. Double wrap in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag.
Freeze until you’re ready to inhale and cook again. These are awesome grilled as well!