- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- Zest of a whole lemon
- Juice of a whole lemon (about 2-3 Tbl)
- 1/2 tsp lemon oil
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6–8 Belgian Waffles
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- In a food processor add the sugar, ricotta, lemon zest, lemon juice and lemon oil.
- Processor for 15-20 seconds or until thick and smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- In a separate cold bowl (with cold beaters) whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in the cream until combined.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Toast the waffles to get them warm and slightly crisp.
- Spoon out several tablespoons of the whipped lemon ricotta onto the waffle.
- Garnish with blackberries and lemon zest.