- 4 cups watermelon, seedless and cut into 1x1” cubes
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella sliced into 1/4” thick round slices, quartered or halved
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2–3 tablespoon honey
- Make the balsamic glaze by combining the balsamic vinegar and honey in wide saucepan.
- Bring to boil then lower heat to low.
- Simmer away, stirring constantly till the glaze coats your spoon. Remove from heat.
- While the glaze is simmering preheat a grill pan over high heat.
- Spray the pan with cooking spray.
- Sear each side of the watermelon 2-3 minutes per side or until a nice char has formed.
- Place each charred piece on a cooling rack with a pan underneath it to catch any drippings.
- To assemble place one piece of charred watermelon on the skewer followed by a slice of mozzarella, basil leaf and then repeat ending with a slice of watermelon.
- If the glaze has thickened too much, put over low heat to liquefy again.
- Drizzle glaze over the skewers.
- If there is any glaze left, pour into jar or bottle.
- Store at room temperature.