- 2 medium-large zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1–2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 3/4 cup fresh shredded mozzarella
- 3/4 cup fresh shredded provolone
- 1/2–3/4 cup pizza sauce
- Pizza toppings: pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, cooked sausage, etc
- Fresh basil leaves, torn
- Preheat broiler with the rack in the middle.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place a cooling rack on top.
- Slice the zucchini into almost 1/2” thick slices (you want thicker than 1/4” but less than 1/2”).
- Preheat an Indoor Grill Pan over medium-high heat.
- Put the zucchini slices in a bowl, drizzle with the olive oil, salt and pepper gently mixing to coat evenly.
- Place the zucchini slices on the grill pan and grill for 1-2 minutes each side, flipping only once. You want them slightly firm to hold their shape.
- Put the cooked zucchini on the cooling rack.
- Top each round with a 1/2-1 teaspoon of pizza sauce, teaspoon of cheese and a few toppings.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with a few pieces of fresh basil.
If you don’t have one I HIGHLY recommend this Indoor Grill Pan ! I absolutely love mine!