- 4 cups cubed peeled seeded butternut squash (about 3 lb)
- 1 cup chopped apple, peeled
- 1/2 cup yellow onion
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄8 tsp pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock (low sodium)
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half or milk
- 1⁄4 cup real maple syrup
- Spray a 4-6 qrt Crock Pot with cooking spray.
- In cooker, mix squash, apple, onion, pumpkin pie spice, salt and pepper.
- Pour broth over vegetable mixture.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 8 hours (or on High heat setting 3 hours 30 minutes to 4 hours).
- Pour about 3 cups of the soup mixture into blender.
- Cover; blend until smooth.
- Pour into 8-cup measuring cup or heat-proof pitcher.
- Blend remaining soup mixture in 2 more batches; pour into measuring cup.
- Pour pureed soup back into slow cooker.
- Stir in cream and syrup.
- If needed, increase heat setting to High; cover and cook about 15 minutes longer or until hot.
I have this Crock Pot and LOVE IT!!!