- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 XL eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoon melted butter, unsalted
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 cups ap flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoon heavy cream
- Preheat oven at 350F, rack in the middle.
- Spray two 9×5” bread pans with baking spray.
- Line each pan with parchment leaving a 1” over hang.
- Lightly spray the parchment.
- In a large bowl, whisk buttermilk, eggs, oil, melted butter and sugar together.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the buttermilk mixture.
- Using a mixing spoon, stir until blended, but do not over mix! (It should be lumpy.)
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup sugar and the cinnamon.
- Spoon 1/2 of the batter in the bottom of each bread pan.
- Sprinkle half of the cinnamon sugar over top.
- Spoon the rest of the batter into the pans.
- Top with the rest of the cinnamon sugar.
- With a thin bladed knife, swirl the cinnamon sugar through the batter. The batter will be thick so only swirl lightly.
- Bake 45-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out mostly clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 2 minutes.
- Carefully lift out the bread from the pans and place on cooling racks.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled, prepare the glaze by whisking cream into sugar.
- Add additional cream 1 tablespoon at a time until it reaches your desired consistency. I like mine thicker.
- Drizzle glaze over tops of loaves, allowing it to drip down the sides.
- Store under a lidded cake plate or in the fridge.
- When completely cool, unglazed loaves can be frozen for months.