- 1 1/2 cups pitted and chopped dates
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 3 1/4 cups flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter (3 sticks), softened and divided
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 3 XL eggs, room temp
- 1 cup toffee chips
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoon bourbon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup rough chopped pecans (toasted)
- Preheat oven to 350 F, rack in the middle.
- Grease and flour 12 cup+ Bundt Pan.
- Place the dates in a medium size glass bowl.
- In a medium sauce pan bring water, brown sugar, bourbon to a boil.
- Boil 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour over the dates.
- Stir in the baking soda.
- Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat together 1 cup butter (2 sticks) and sugar until fluffy. ~6-8 minutes
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time.
- Stop the mixer and add 1/2 of the flour mixture and beat until just combined.
- Add date bourbon mixture; mix until just combined.
- Add remaining 1/2 of the flour mixture and toffee chips; stir until just combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 45 – 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes.
- Place a plate over top the bundt pan and in one swift motion, flip it over to remove the cake from the pan.
- Allow to cool completely.
- While the cake is cooling in a medium sauce pan over medium heat bring brown sugar, vanilla extract, whipping cream, bourbon and remaining stick of butter (1/2 cup) to a boil.
- Boil for 2 minutes, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until thickened.
- When ready to serve, drizzle 1/2 of boubon sauce over top of cake, reserving other 1/2.
- Sprinkle toasted pecans over top of cake.
- Spoon reserved sauce over cake slices.
For this you need a larger bundt pan.
I have this one and LOVE it! 12 cup+ Bundt Pan