- 1/2 cup milk, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbl butter, unsalted
- 1 1/2 Tbl sugar
- 2 Tbl flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 4–5 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen (thawed) – well drained
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4–1/2 cup shredded Asiago (optional)
- Chives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F, rack in the middle. Lightly spray a 2 quart baking dish.
- In a medium-to-large saucepan over medium heat add in the cream, 1/4 cup milk, sugar and butter. Bring to a boil. While the cream mixture is heating up make a slurry of the flour and remaining 1/4 cup milk by whisking together until well combined.
- Whisk together the eggs until well beaten. Once the milk comes to a boil, add in the flour slurry and whisk until thickened slightly – ~30 seconds to a minute. Remove from the heat and add in the corn and salt mixing to combine. Slowly add in the eggs while mixing the entire time – you do not want the eggs to curdle. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is puffy and golden brown. *See note if using cheese
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving so it can firm up and set.
If you’re topping it with cheese remove the dish 25 minutes after baking. Sprinkle the cheese on and then return to the oven for another 5 minutes.