- 4 Ciabatta Buns sliced in half lengthways
- 5 tablespoon butter, unsalted and softened and divided
- 8 tablespoon Orchard Choice Balsamic Pepper Fig Spread plus extra if you want a dollop on top
- 12 ounces cooked Italian Style Pot Roast or any other roast beef sliced into 1/4” pieces * see note
- 8 ounces sliced Asiago
- 8 tablespoon caramelized onions
- Preheat the oven broiler.
- On a baking sheet place the bottoms of the ciabiatta buns. Set the tops aside for now.
- Evenly spread 1/2 tablespoon of butter on each bottom.
- Place in the broiler and broil for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the bottoms are broiling, spread 1/2 tablespoon of butter on each top. You’ll have 1 tablespoon remaining.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of Orchard Choice Balsamic Pepper Fig Spread on the bottom while still warmed.
- In a large skillet place the remaining butter over medium heat.
- When the butter is foaming add in the slices of beef and caramelized onions.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes per side or until warmed through.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Evenly divide the meat on top of the bottom of the buns.
- Place the Asiago on top of the meat.
- Place the tops of the buns on the pan, buttered side up.
- Return to the broiler and broiler for 3-5 minutes or until the tops of the buns are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and assemble.
- Place some caramelized onions on top of each bun and then the remaining Orchard Choice Balsamic Pepper Fig Spread (1 tablespoon each).
- Place the tops back on and enjoy!
For the roast beef, use actual roast beef and not the deli meats. You want thicker slices of real roast beef. Trust me, it makes a world of difference!