- 4 large portabella caps (about 4-5” round), cleaned plus stalks and gills removed – be careful not to break the sides or bottom
- 1–2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Add ins: crispy bacon, shredded cheddar, chopped spinach, pancetta, ham, sausage
- Preheat oven to 400F with the rack in the upper third rack of the oven.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place a cooling rack on top.
- Taking a pastry brush and brush the outside of the mushrooms.
- Set the mushroom cap-size up on cooling rack.
- If adding bacon, spinach, pancetta or other add ins, add them now.
- Carefully crack 2 eggs into each cap (if you can only fit one, only add one).
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-25 minutes or until the whites are opaque and set. The yolks will be runny when the whites are set but you can cook for longer if you do not want runny yolks.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!