- 2 cups Creamy Perfect Mashed Potatoes, cold
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup Panko, regular or Gluten Free Panko
- 2 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Canola oil for frying
- In a large bowl mix together all the ingredients except the oil. The mixture should be sticky but able to hold a shape.
- Scoop up some of the mixture (see note on how much) and form into patty stacks (round/oval/square) being no thicker than 1/2”.
- In a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat add enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan and having it be about 1/4” deep. You just want enough oil so when you put the first stack in the oil covers the bottom of the stack and half way up the side.
- Fry for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom.
- Carefully flip the stack over and fry for another 5-7 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Eat as is or top with your main entrée.
- Serve warm.
The amount you scoop up to shape your stack will depend on what you’re serving with it – you want the stack to be the same size of whatever you’re topping it with. Or if you want to serve them by themselves, go with 2-3tablespoon of the mixture and form into small round patties no thicker than 1/2”.