- 3 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup minced onion
- 2 cups oatmeal, not instant
- 2 tsp salt
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 Tbl liquid smoke
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 cup bbq sauce (not honey)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, add all of the ingredients for the sauce.
- Cook until thick and bubbly; stirring occasionally. ~10 minutes.
- To make the meatloaf mix all the meatloaf ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking sheet and using your hands, form a loaf that is about 12 inches long, 6 inches wide, and about 2 1/2-3 inches tall. The loaf should be smooth and have rounded edges. This will help the loaf stay together when serving.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove from the oven and spread the bbq sauce on top of the meatloaf, dripping over the sides.
- Place back in the oven and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread more of the bbq sauce over top.
- Place back in the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165F.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes before cutting.
- Put the oven to broil and put the rack in the upper third of the oven.
- Place a Potato Cake Stacks down on parchment lined baking sheet, slice a 1” thick slab of the meatloaf and place on top of that.
- Ladle some bbq sauce on top and place the pan in the oven for a few minutes or until the bbq sauce is bubbling and starts to brown/caramelize.
- Remove from the oven and serve.