- 3 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup minced onion
- 2 cups oatmeal, not instant
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup bbq sauce (not honey)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add all of the ingredients for the sauce. Cook until thick and bubbly; stirring occasionally. ~10 minutes.
- To make the meatloaf mix all the meatloaf ingredients together in a large bowl. Transfer the mixture to the baking sheet and using your hands, form a loaf that is about 12 inches long, 6 inches wide, and about 2 1/2-3 inches tall. The loaf should be smooth and have rounded edges. This will help the loaf stay together when serving. Bake for 20 minutes, remove from the oven, and spread the bbq sauce on top of the meatloaf, dripping over the sides.
- Place back in the oven and bake for another 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and spread more of the bbq sauce over top. Place back in the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165F. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes before cutting.
- Put the oven to broil and put the rack in the upper third of the oven. Place a Potato Cake Stacks down on a parchment-lined baking sheet, slice a 1” thick slab of the meatloaf, and place it on top of that.
- Ladle some bbq sauce on top and place the pan in the oven for a few minutes or until the bbq sauce is bubbling and starts to brown/caramelize. Remove from the oven and serve.