- 3/4 pound thawed medium deveined, peeled shrimp
- 2 tsp Creole seasoning *See below
- 2 Tbl olive oil
- 2 1/2 tsp Hungarian paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3/4 cup finely shredded green cabbage
- 3/4 cup finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 medium shallot, minced (about 1 heaping Tbl)
- 1 tsp minced jalapeños
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Baja Cream Sauce
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/3 plus 1 Tbl cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 Tbl lime juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves, minced
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 3/4 tsp adobo sauce
- 1/2 tsp honey *optional
- Crunchy tortilla chips or cups
Make the baja cream sauce
- Whisk all of the baja cream sauce ingredients together in a bowl until well blended.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. I actually put mine in a squeeze bottle (with a slightly larger opening).
Make the slaw
- Mix all together, cover and place in the fridge.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes but no more than 8 hours.
- Taste and adjust seasoning (more salt if necessary).
Make the Creole Seasoning
- Combine all the spices in a coffee or spice grinder.
- Grind to a fine powder and store in an airtight jar until ready to use
Make the shrimp
- Toss the shrimp in a bag with the creole seasoning.
- In a large skillet over medium heat add the oil.
- When it starts to shimmer add the shrimp being careful not to crowd. You want to cook in a single layer.
- Cook 3-4 minutes or until the shrimp are pink. Do not overcook as they will be rubbery.
- To assemble place a tsp of the slaw on top of the tortilla chip, add the cooked shrimp and drizzle with the baja cream sauce.