- 3/4 pound thawed medium deveined, peeled shrimp
- 2 tsp Creole seasoning *See below
- 2 Tbl olive oil
- 2 1/2 tsp Hungarian paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
Baja Cream Sauce
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/3 plus 1 Tbl cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 Tbl lime juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves, minced
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 3/4 tsp adobo sauce
- 1/2 tsp honey *optional
Make the baja cream sauce
- Whisk all of the baja cream sauce ingredients together in a bowl until well blended.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. I actually put mine in a squeeze bottle (with a slightly larger opening).
Make the Creole Seasoning
- Combine all the spices in a coffee or spice grinder.
- Grind to a fine powder and store in an airtight jar until ready to use
Grill the Rolls
- Preheat a grill pan over medium heat.
- Split each roll in half (but not completely).
- Brush each cut side with melted butter and place face down on the grill.
- Cook for 2-4 minutes or until toasted.
- Set aside.
Make the shrimp
- Toss the shrimp in a bag with the creole seasoning.
- In a large skillet over medium heat add the oil.
- When it starts to shimmer add the shrimp being careful not to crowd. You want to cook in a single layer.
- Cook 3-4 minutes or until the shrimp are pink. Do not overcook as they will be rubbery.
- Using a spatula spread a Tbl of the Baja Cream sauce on each side of the bread.
- Place some lettuce down, top with tomatoes (if using) then evenly divide the shrimp on top.
- Add a few dashes if hot sauce if you want it spicier.
- Drizzle with more baja cream sauce, top with the remaining lettuce and dig in.