Streusel Crumb Topping
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 Tbl cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, room temperature softened (not melted)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream, full or low fat
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray a 10” springform pan.
- Cover the bottom with foil and set on a rimmed baking pan.
- Make the streusel by whisking together the flour, sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Using a fork or a pastry cutter, add the cold butter pieces and work into the dry mixture until well incorporated. Set aside.
- Make the batter sifting the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in to a medium bowl.
- In the bowl of stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter, oil, and sugar until well combined.
- Turning the mixer to low add the eggs in one at a time, mixing well after each egg is added.
- Keeping the mixer on a low speed, slowly add in the sour cream and vanilla until just blended.
- Add in the flour mixture a third at a time mixing gently to combine.
- Continue until all of the flour mixture is added however be careful not to over mix the batter.
- Turn off the mixture, remove the bowl from the stand mixer and using a spatula gently stir by hand just to ensure that all of the wet ingredients from the bottom are completely mixed into the batter.
- Spread the batter into the springform pan and level evenly.
- Sprinkle the streusel on top.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place the pan on a cooling rack.
- Allow the cake to cool for at least 20 minutes before removing the springform ring.
- Cool completely prior to cutting.