- 6 large hot Italian sausage links
- 1 Tbl olive oil
- 2 large Vidalia onions, cut into ½” slices
- 3 peppers (red, orange and yellow), cut into ½” slices
- 1 small jar of banana pepper rings, drained *optional
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup Marinara Sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 tsp hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- In a large skillet over medium heat add in the oil.
- When the oil begins to shimmer, add in the sausages.
- Pan sear for 3-5 minutes each side or until golden brown on all sides.
- In a large pot over low heat add in the marinara sauce, diced tomatoes, onions, peppers, salt, pepper, pepper flakes, oregano and basil.
- Gently stir to combine.
- Add in the sausages until they are submerged.
- Cover and cook for 35-45 minutes or until the onions and peppers are tender and the sausages are cooked through (165F).
- Place in your favorite Soft ‘n Chewy Hoagie Rolls or eat over eggs, pasta or noodles.
This recipes works best in my Soft ‘n Chewy Hoagie Rolls recipe!