- 1 1/2 cups AP flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 10 tablespoon ice cold butter, unsalted and cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup full fat sour cream
- 5–6 cups sliced fresh peaches (skin on or off)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup AP flour
- 1/2 cup ground unsalted almonds
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 6 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Make the Crust
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, salt and sugar
- Add in the butter.
- Using a fork or a pastry cutter, add the cold butter pieces and work into the dry mixture until well incorporated (you want chunks of butter remaining).
- Add in the sour cream and stir just to combine. Do not break down the flour mixture.
- Line a half sheet pan (or 9×13” pan) with parchment paper and lightly spray.
- Press the crust into the bottom of the pan.
- Place the pan into the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
Make the Filling
- 5 minutes prior to making the pie remove the pan from the fridge and preheat the oven to 375F with a rack in the lower 3rd of the oven and a second rack in the middle
- In a large bowl add all of the ingredients for the filling and gently mix; set aside.
Make the Streusel Crumble
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, ground almonds, brown sugar and salt.
- Pour in the melted butter and mix together with a spatula ensuring everything in coated; set aside.
- Pour the peach filling over top of the crust spreading out evenly.
- Drop pieces of the streusel crumble over top. Don’t worry if it doesn’t cover everything.
- Place the pan on the lower third of the oven and bake for 18 minutes. The crust won’t be done yet; that’s ok!
- Open the oven and remove the pan from the bottom rack and place on the middle rack.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the streusel is golden brown and the peaches are soft.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting.
- Store covered either in the fridge or at room temperature