- 2 12 ounce cans Cherry Cola (not diet)
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 3 1/2 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- In a medium sauce pot, add in the cola.
- Bring to a boil and cook on medium-high until it has reduced to about 1/2 cup. ~10-15 minutes (watch so it doesn’t burn)
- Add in the rest of the ingredients, stir, reducing the heat to medium and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook until thick and dark. ~8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and using an immersion blender, blend until no pieces remain. If you don’t have an immersion blender, pour in a blender venting the lid.
- Store in a jar in the fridge.