- 1 large acorn squash, sliced in half and seeded
- 2 tablespoon melted butter, unsalted
- 2 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup plus additional for drizzle
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400F, rack in the middle.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Spray the foil with baking spray.
- Slice each acorn half in 1” thick wedges.
- Place the wedges into a large mixing bowl.
- To the bowl add the rest of the ingredients.
- Gently mix/toss to coat all sides of the acorn wedges.
- Using tongs place each wedge onto the foil. Do not overlap.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the squash is fork tender but not mushy.
- Remove from the oven and plate.
- Drizzle with additional maple syrup if desired.
If you want to elevate this a bit, add in a 1/4 teaspoon of chili powder to the mix.
Also when it only has about 10 minutes left to bake, toss on some chopped pecans to give it some texture.