- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 5 tablespoon melted butter, unsalted
- 2 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste or pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature and lightly beaten
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoon AP flour, sifted
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups assorted candy bars, rough chopped and divided
- 1/4 cup melted semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup melted Melted Caramel
- Preheat the oven to 350F, rack in the middle.
- Line an 8×8 Square Baking Pan with foil leaving a 1” overhang; lightly spray the bottom.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, powder, soda and salt – set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the butter and brown sugar until combined.
- Add in the egg and vanilla whisking just until incorporated.
- Add in the dry ingredients and with a mixing spoon, mix just until combined. Do not overwork this. The batter will be very thick.
- Add in 1 1/2 cups candy bar pieces and gently fold in.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
- Using lightly wet fingers press the dough out evenly.
- Bake for 24-27 minutes or until the top is lightly brown and just set.
- Remove the pan from the oven and take the reserved candy bar pieces and gently push them into the top of the blondie leaving pieces exposed.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan.
- Grabbing the foil overhang, lift the blondies out of the pan and place on the counter.
- Gently pull back the foil from the sides.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over top.
- Wait 15 minutes or until the chocolate is set and then drizzle on the melted caramel.
- Allow to cool before cutting.
- Store in an air tight container.
For the caramel do not use caramel ice cream topping. Just melt down Caramel Pieces
For the pan I found that I preferred to bake it in this pan ( 8×8 Square Baking Pan ) than in a glass pan. I got better results.