- Oven Baked Russet Potatoes, warmed *see note
Cutting and Scooping
- To make cutting and scooping out easier, make sure the potatoes are warmed.
- Place the baked potato on its side and carefully cut in half lengthways.
- Using a spoon, make a line going around the inside of the potato about 1/4″ from the edge of the skin. Do not push the spoon all the way down.
- Using a spoon, hollow out the middle of the potato to make a “bowl leaving about a 1/4″ edge all the way around.
- Place the scooped out potato filling in a separate bowl.
- Put the oven on broil, rack in the upper third.
- Brush each potato skin with olive oil and place, flesh-side up on the pan. Broil for 3-5 minutes or until lightly crisp.
- At this point you can fill them with whatever your heart desires and bake or freeze them. *see note
Use the Russet potatoes as they are larger potatoes and the skins crisp up better. Also remember that since you cut these lengthways, you’ll get 2 halves per potato.
Baking and Freezing
Stay tuned for upcoming recipes on how to stuff and bake these as well as how to flash freeze them for later.