- 2 lbs kielbasa, sliced into 1/2” rounds
- 1 cup grape jelly, not jam (can also use strawberry jelly too!)
- 1/2 cup bottled chili sauce
- In a medium sauce pan over medium low heat add in the jelly and chili sauce.
- Whisk together until combined and simmer stirring occasionally.
- While the sauce is simmering, heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Place each round of kielbasa cut-side down. Do not crowd the pan – you want to sear the cut sides, not steam them.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until the bottom is golden brown and seared. Flip over and continue cooking for another 5 minutes or until seared on the bottom.
- Once all the kielbasa bites are seared, place them into the sauce and gently stir to coat all pieces.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 25-30 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- To plate allow to cool for about 5-10 minutes in the pan, insert a party fork or toothpick into each bite, allow the extra sauce to drip off then plate.
- Garnish with chives. Serve the extra sauce on the side.
You can also use little smokies, cooked meatballs and even cut up hotdogs. Omit the searing part for the smokies and meatballs.