- 4 cups potato filling from Homemade Potato Skins (from about 3–5 large russet potatoes), warmed
- 5 tablespoon butter, softened and unsalted
- 2/3 cup sour cream (may add 2–3 tablespoon more if necessary)
- 3– 4 tablespoon heavy cream (plus additional if needed)
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar
- 4 strips crispy bacon, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 scallions or green onions, minced
- Place the warmed potato filling in a large bowl with the softened butter, sour cream and 2 tablespoon heavy cream
- Mash the potatoes until they are creamy. If they appear a bit thick add in a few tablespoon cream until desired consistency.
- Fold in the salt, pepper, cheese, bacon crumbles and chopped scallions.
- Taste for seasoning and creaminess.