- 3 cups cooked Guinness Corned Beef, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup cups russet potatoes, peeled and cubed into 1/4”pieces
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup Swiss cheese, small cubes
- 1/2 cup panko
- 3 tablespoon canola or vegetable for pan frying
- 4 bagels
- 4 large eggs
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/2 –3/4 cup Spinach or arugula
- 1/2 cup Roasted red peppers
- Cream Cheese
- Preheat the oven to warm, about 200F.
- In a pot of boiling water add 1 teaspoon salt and the potatoes. Cook for 3 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes.
- In a medium skillet over medium high heat add in the 1 tablespoon olive oil and butter.
- When the butter foams add in the potatoes and shallots.
- Sauté, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes browned, ~5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow the potatoes to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl add the corned beef, browned potatoes with cooked shallots, 1/2 salt, pepper, smoked paprika, 2 eggs, 1/3 cup cubed Swiss cheese and panko.
- Gently mix to combine. The mixture should be tacky.
- In the same skillet you browned the potatoes in heat up 3 tablespoon canola oil over medium heat.
- Place a cooling rack on a baking sheet as you’ll need this to place the cooked patties.
- While the oil heats up, with damp hands grab some of the mixture to form the patties. You want them about 3” round by 1/2” thick. The mixture should be tacky but not really stick to your hands.
- Place gently into the oil and cook for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown on each side. Only flip once.
- Once browned on both sides, place the cooked patties on the cooling rack and pop the pan into the oven to keep warm.
- Next toast the bagels and fry up the eggs either to having a dippy yolk or totally fried.
- To assemble slather some cream cheese on each half of the bagel then top with a handful of spinach, the fried egg, a patty, slice of Swiss cheese, some roasted red peppers and then the bagel top. *Note to melt the cheese place the cheese on top of the patties and place under the broil for 15-20 seconds or until the cheese melts.