- 8 Tbl unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup cookie butter cocoa swirl (or 1/2 cup regular cookie butter / peanut butter plus 2 Tbl cocoa)
- 2 Xl eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp Chocolate Extract
- 1/2 tsp Espresso Powder
- 1 3/4 cup ap flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbl dutch processed cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups Butterfinger Baking Bits (or crushed butterfingers)
Chocolate Cookie Butter Glaze
- 1/2 cup chopped semi-sweet chocolate (or semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- 2 Tbl cookie butter
- 1/4 cup crushed butterfingers
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment beat together the butter, 1/2 cup cookie butter and sugar until creamy. ~5 minutes
- While the butter is creaming in a bowl whisk together the flour, espresso powder, baking soda, baking powder salt and cocoa. Set aside.
- Add in the eggs and chocolate extract, beat until well combined.
- Turn the mixer on low and slowly add in the flour mixture. Mix just until it comes together; do not over mix.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and gently fold in the 1 1/2 cups butterfinger bits.
- Cover with plastic and chill for 2 hours.
- When ready to bake turn the oven on to 375F, rack in the middle and line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- Scoop out 2-3 Tbl of dough, roll into a 1” ball and place on the pan 1 1/2-2” apart.
- Bake for 8-11 minutes just until set – do not over bake. They will have some give on the top but will firm up upon cooling.
- Place on the pan on a cooling rack and after 2-3 minutes remove the cookies from the pan and place directly on the cooling rack.
- To make the glaze melt the chopped semi-sweet chocolate with 2 Tbl of cookie butter until creamy and smooth.
- Allow to cool slightly – just until you can spread it out without it dripping everywhere.
- Spread out on the top of each cooled cookie. Top with crushed butterfingers.
- Store in an airtight container.