- 2–3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, thawed
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon minced garlic, divided
- 3 teaspoons grated ginger, divided
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons hoisin, divided
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons Sriracha, divided
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 3 green onions, white and green parts sliced
- Pat dry the thighs. Add the thighs to the pressure cooker.
- In a bowl whisk together the stock, 1 teaspoon garlic, 1 teaspoon ginger. 2 tablespoon soy sauce, 2 tablespoon hoisin, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, and 1 tablespoon Sriracha. Pour over the thighs.
- Lock the lid down and set it to High pressure, for 10 minutes. If using a Gas Pressure Cooker, place over high heat and once the pressure cooker is up to temperature, reduce the heat to low to maintain a high pressure and set the timer for 10 minutes. If using an Electric Pressure Cooker, set it to high with a timer of 10 minutes.
- While the thighs are cooking place a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon garlic, 2 teaspoons ginger, honey, 2 teaspoons, 2 grated ginger, 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce, 1/2 cup hoisin, 2 tablespoons sesame oil, 3 tablespoons Sriracha, 4 tablespoons brown sugar and whisk.
- Bring the mixture to a slight boil, reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook until slightly thickened like bbq sauce. ~10-15 minutes.
- When the 10 minutes is up do a quick release. While the quick release is relieving pressure, place the oven to broil with a rack in the middle.
- Line a rimmed pan with foil and place a cooling rack on top. Lightly spray the rack. Gently remove the thighs from the pressure cooker with tongs and place them on the rack; discard the cooking liquid. Place the thighs in the oven and broil for 5-7 minutes on each side.
- Remove the pan from the oven and slather on some sauce. Return to the broiler for 5 minutes.
- Flip the thighs over, cover with more sauce, and broil for 5 more minutes or until they are nicely charred. Place the sauce in a container for serving. Garnish with green onions. Store any leftovers in the fridge.
For oven baking:
1. Preheat oven to 425F, rack in the middle.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil and top with a cooling rack.
3. Spray the cooling rack with non-stick spray and set aside.
4. Pat dry with paper towels.
5. Place a medium sauce pan over medium heat. 5. Place a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Add in 1 tablespoon garlic, 2 teaspoon ginger, 1/2 cup honey, 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/2 cup hoisin, 2 tablespoon sesame oil, 2 tablespoon Sriracha and 4 tablespoon brown sugar and whisk.
6. Bring the mixture to a slight boil, reduce the heat to medium low and cook until slightly thickened like bbq sauce. ~10-15 minutes.
7. Place the thighs on the cooling rack and brush on part of the sauce.
8. Bake for 15 minutes, flip, brush with a bit more sauce and bake for another 15 minutes or until the internal temp is 165F.
9. Remove from the oven, brush with more sauce and let rest for a few minutes before serving.